Friday, September 09, 2011

September Art Walk

Please join us Saturday, September 10th, from 6-9 PM as we feature the mixed media work of local artist Paul Knutzen. 

Of his work Paul says,

"I look at my art as: It is what it is, or what you want it to be, never black and white. I draw and paint because I enjoy it, so I usually just put down what I’m feeling at that particular moment.

When I was a kid I was captivated with the Surrealists and how differently people could perceive the world. Now days I’m floored by the creativity and new perspectives I see from Street Artists around the globe. When I can’t come up with something to work on I’ll grab a camera and wander into various areas of the city, checking out colorful buildings, signage, and graffiti; looking for something to inspire me. 

When working on a particular piece, I find playing with various new mediums and surfaces often more interesting than the subject matter itself. Sometimes I’ll be a long way into a piece and decide to try something new. Luckily this usually works out well."


No comments: